MK Z


This was the first attempt at armor in general.

I had no idea how to correctly, or safely create a single part of this suit. I cannot tell you how many times I cut myself on this model while building it!!



However.

My drive to create and teach myself along the way has opened up new parts of my engineering self I didn’t know existed.

The ability to make the impossible; possible.

That’s what I’m after, that’s where I’m going, and this was my first step.




No fancy gadgets on this one!! Although I did do early testing of a special foam layering technique on the inside of the upper torso. It was very successful in protecting me from the impact of a SMALL sledgehammer.

I’ve since improved on the technique, but also realized that there are better ways to protect against blunt trauma that just plain old foam.

Multiple overlapping layers of metal made this model heavy, difficult to repair, put on and VERY sharp.

It was nearly impossible to bend at the waist past 30 degrees.

The upside was that it made the chest piece very sturdy and tough. Though I doubt it would stop anything above a .22 caliber.

Well.. at least I got the color scheme right.

This suit has been scrapped, but its remnants hang proudly to the right of my work bench.
Sadly, the sunglasses were a victim of spring break.