MK II



At this point I was determined to make a full body suit that I could actually danger test in real life situations. Of course, back then my idea of that was chucking explosives at it and filming the result..

Real scientific. =1

Anyway, I didn’t quite achieve what I was going for. But I do rather distinctly remember my best friend swinging a BIG sledgehammer into my chest several times.

Hey, what are friends for??



The main problem with this suit, was I had the function in mind, but I didn’t have a clear plan on HOW to execute that function.

I wanted the suit to be rugged, which was obvious from the get go.. but most of all, I wanted the wearer to be able to step into the suit, close it, and go. As fast and easy as that.



I worked very hard on this model. There was a lot of trial and error, and it got to the point where I had this 40lb steel giant standing in my room at the foot of my bed.

For weeks, I would wake up, work on it all day, most of the night, sleep, get out of bed and continue on. I did also shower periodically if you’re wondering.

I remember one particular night, I got out of bed to get a drink of water, when I noticed a sharp edge on the suits mid section. I instinctively reached for my heavy duty shears, grabbed the edge with one hand and cut down with the other.

Right. Into. My. Hand.

That was a fun 4am.

From then on, I still had a great need to work on the suit constantly, and decided to restrain my workspace to the garage exclusively.



After working for another 2 weeks with ONE hand only, I put the whole project on hold, got frustrated, and decided to devote my time to other things instead.

Luckily, inspiration saw fit to invade my life and get me going again.

With the MK III.